Creating tomorrow’s business leaders.
Women on the Move encourages and supports women to grow in business by awarding a specialty scholarship to a deserving woman in order to ignite her business for future growth and job creation.
We are now accepting applications for a $5,000 Woman of the Year scholarship.
The winner, who will be announced at the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Women of Influence Awards, will receive a three-legged stepstool of mentorship, scholarship and training, provided in part by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Colorado Springs Rising Professionals (CSRP) and Leadership Pikes Peak (LPP).
Deadline is Aug. 15
Award Description: Any woman, 18 or older, who owns and operates or who bears a principal responsibility for operating a small business or partners who jointly own and operate a small business (up to 4).
*Must adhere to criteria below.
- Staying Power
- The nominee has been in business for at least 1 year (but no longer than 2)
- The business has expanded (stores, locations, square footage)
- Growth in Number of Employees
- Sustained over 1 year
- Increased over 1 year
- Sales Increase
- Sales Increase Growth in net income for the duration of business.
- Financial Performance
- Improvement over 1 year (shown in P&L statements over 1 year)
- Increase in net worth (shown in balance sheet over 1 year)
- Shows creativity and imagination
- Has unique product(s) or service(s)
- Product(s) or service(s) fits a niche
- Response to Adversity
- Business demonstrates efforts to solve problems (financial, physical, legal etc.)
- The problem threatened the continuity of the business
- Community Contributions
- Person or business gave personal time and resources to help the community (contributions of money, time, resources, and /or membership in councils, boards, clubs)
Woman of the Year will be selected based on her business model to see if it is an economic driver.
1st Round – Application
2nd Round – Presentation of Business Plan
3rd Round – Present at an event
Requirements: The woman selected will need to present to the board on a quarterly basis as a means to check in and attend of all of the partners’ events (4) for the first year after being selected.